A Chicago-Based Boutique Law Firm Specializing in Business Controversies and Transactions
ROGENE V. TUBMAN
Rogene (Jeanne) Tubman is a 1976 graduate of Northwestern University, where she received a Bachelor of Arts in history. She received her law degree from Boston University School of Law in 1981. Jeanne has handled or overseen a wide range of transactions, including commercial real estate loan, acquisition and sale transactions, preferred equity investments, secured and unsecured lending, and workouts and litigation.
Prior to joining GGU, Jeanne was Transaction Counsel and Principal at Ares Commercial Real Estate (“ACRE”), a specialty finance company organized as a REIT. ACRE is managed by a subsidiary of Ares Management LLC, a global alternative asset management firm, which acquired the platform and employees of Wrightwood Capital, a private debt and equity firm, in 2011. At Wrightwood Capital, Jeanne served as Senior Director and Associate General Counsel. Prior to her positions as in-house counsel, Jeanne worked in private practice for 18 years, representing state and federal financial institutions, the FDIC and the RTC.
Jeanne has represented senior lenders, both as lenders and as administrative agents, in a variety of construction and term loan facilities, including the following:
- Construction of industrial buildings in Dallas, Texas; San Bernardino, California; Kenosha, Wisconsin and Country Club Hills, Illinois
- Refinance and construction of a multi-family/retail complex in Washington, D.C.
- Construction of a hotel in Chicago, Illinois
- Refinance of medical office buildings in South Portland, Maine; Roanoke, Virginia and Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Refinancing of office buildings in Aurora, Illinois; Norfolk, Virginia; Bannockburn, Illinois; Salt Lake City, Utah and Anchorage, Alaska